Friday, April 17, 2009

How Much Wood Can a Wood Chuck Chuck?

We have found something that Brian has in common with his Mommy! Anyone who has seen the child knows he's the spitting image of Shawn. We often say all he got from me was his frizzy hair. Well, we discovered something new tonight!

I noticed after my shower this morning that Brian had brown specks all over his shirt. I had left him in his bed where he would be safe while I showered. At first I thought maybe he had gotten sick, but decided it wasn't that. I brushed it off of him since we were in a hurry and didn't worry about it at the time. Later when we were driving to meet Shawn I got to thinking about what it could have been. I remembered my Mom saying that I used to chew on my bed when I was little. And suddenly, it dawned on me...the brown stuff on my baby's shirt? Wood varnish from his crib! Great!

I didn't get a chance to survey the damage until tonight when Shawn was home. Even with the glare, I think you'll be able to see how strong our little man's two teeth are. Thank goodness we caught him before more teeth came through! We will be installing a teething rail tomorrow. Shawn joked that even though he didn't like 3rd foods, he's quite fond of 4th foods-WOOD!

No comments: