Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break

The Mom of the kids that I babysit for is on Spring Break this week, so Brian and I have gotten to spend a lot of one on one time together! The weather has been much nicer, so we've spent time outside...looking at the new blooms on our trees, checking out the flowers, and walking Ruben around the neighborhood. Brian loves to ride in the stroller and watch his main man Ruben trot along in front of him. Speaking of Ruben, Brian said his first absolutely discriminate word this past week. Much to his Daddy's dismay, he now says "dah-gee" whenever Ruben is in sight. Still no dada, and mama is not always directed at me, so I guess Ruben gets the honor of being Brian's first word!

Last Friday we visited Totter's Otterville for the first time with Renie and Heather. Brian loved the baby room where he could crawl all over the foam pads and blocks like a little maniac. I'm going to go ahead and blame his cold on all of the toys he enjoyed dining on while we were there. Yes, my baby has his first cold :( He's been running a low grade fever and has more snot coming out of his nose than usual. He's also coughing a bit. It's not a bad cold by any means, but more of an annoyance and a concern given his 9 month hearing test is tomorrow. We're really hoping it doesn't effect the results.

Speaking of doctor's appointments, Brian had physcial therapy yesterday. Elizabeth was really impressed with his continued progess-he's really close to "cured." So, we get to wait a whole month before we go back. We're supposed to just continue his stretches two times a day and the "football hold" as much as possible.

With Brian's increasing mobility, we decided to baby proof a couple of weeks ago. This included installing a gate at the top of the stairs. It's now one of Brian's favorite places to pull up!
Speaking of stairs, he LOVES them! He'll climb them any chance he gets. Especially is Ruben or Mommy is at the top. Dad has also turned into his jungle gym of choice. I know, he's a brave boy being so close to that tush!!















This brings me to the most recent poo story. I was changing Brian's diaper at church on Sunday (he had some how made it to church with a poopy diaper and neither Shawn nor I had noticed) and was trying to be quick about it because a little girl was knocking incessantly on the door. Anyway, I had just put the diaper in the trash and I turned back to Brian as he unfolded his left hand. And, I'm sure you can imagine my horror when a little piece of poo rolled out! Man he's fast!!


Finally, we started 3rd foods this week. The difference between 2nd and 3rd foods is that 3rd foods have little chunks in them-meat, noodles, veggies-whatever. Anyway, they have not been a hit thus far...

No comments: