Thursday, April 30, 2009

The results are in...

Well, it turns out my pee adventure was all in vain. We no longer need a urinalysis. The blood word that was taken yesterday came back. Brian has MONO. I know I should not be excited about this very serious condition. However, I have to take some happiness from the fact that I am NOT CRAZY. A low grade fever for three weeks is NOT normal in an infant. Thank you Aunt Sarah for helping me know when to push for a diagnosis :)

Since there is nothing they can really do for mono, all we can do is wait it out. At least now we know what is causing the fevers.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Well, then he's all ready for college, right? Or is it high school when everyone gets mono....

ah, they grow up so fast...

Whit Scheff said...

I can't believe a baby has the kissing desease, have you been taking your eye off of him? ;) ha just kiddin. Well I'm glad that shit day of yours is over. I hope everything is getting better. Oh yes, and about the car rental fee, we initially got charged $500 USD. AHHH but luckily Sara found the key in her stuff and now we just have to pay for the extra days the car was sitting in Queenstown. It's still pricy.