Friday, September 17, 2010

Super Saver

So, I decided to give the gym a try again. Well, I guess it's not really the gym that's the issue, more the babysitting area. Epic fail. Brian cried before we even got through the door. I decided to stay with him and play for a bit to try to get him calmed down. Every time I made a move for the door he went berserk. Every. Single. Time. It probably didn't help that there was only one staff member on duty and she was holding a little baby. She didn't even get up to try to calm him. I get that she had 3 other charges and a baby in her care, but it would have been nice to see her attempt to get him to calm down.

After a while I got him somewhat distracted, so I snuck out. I stood just outside the door where he couldn't see me, but I could see and hear him. Within 30 seconds, he was crying again. Then he was crying really hard. Then sobbing. The stupid girl just sat in a chair and kept saying, "Brian, do you want to color?" Not once did she walk over to him. It really doesn't take much to calm him down or to distract him. It seemed like she wasn't even trying to be honest. So after the torrential sobbing ensued, I went back in and got him out of there.

I went to the enrollment office to talk to the girl I've been working with and explained the situation. I think I got the girl in the child care area in trouble. Maybe even fired. At first I felt bad, but I really think she deserves to be in trouble. She wasn't doing her job.

They extended the three day pass to Wednesday and said they will continue to do so until I give up, or Brian does. Hopefully he will give up. I really do enjoy getting to workout.

On the way home I decided to run by Kroger to grab something for dinner. What a great day to stop by Kroger! They were "tail gating" in honor of the first home game this coming weekend. Brian got a free football from his Auntie L's place of work, and some free pizza too! He was even more ridiculous than usual with the pizza. He was still sucking sauce off of his arm when we got home.
But the real story here is that I spent 73 cents on dinner. I was a saving machine today! Truth be told I forgot my wallet, so I had to be thrifty. My Dad occasionally gets coupons for free things since he works at Kroger and I had a few in my coupon pouch (which I thankfully always keep in my car). I got one of those already cooked rotisserie chickens FOR FREE, a bag of salad FOR FREE, some really yummy fresh baked bread ALSO FREE and even some gelato for dessert FREE! I scrounged around in my change compartment of the car and came up with about $2.50, so I grabbed that as well. I also had a random $1.00 coupon on any order. So I used the change and that coupon to buy corn and watermelon. Total cost = 73 cents! Even the 16 year old cashier was impressed.

No comments: