Monday, September 20, 2010

Thank Goodness for Old Friends

So it turns out an old friend, Renee, who I met when I was coaching cheer leading, now runs the babysitting area at the gym. (I would say my gym, but I haven't joined quite yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.) Anyway, she heard about Friday and MET ME AT THE DOOR today. It was such a relief to see her smiling face. She apologized for Friday and personally walked me and Brian into the the child care area. She helped me get Brian interested in something, and even though he was still crying, she told me to go on and go workout. She stayed with him until he was playing happily and making friends with another one of the babysitters. And then she came and told me he was okay. She asked me questions about him so that they could do a better job of entertaining him and understanding him. She told me all the words he was saying that they did understand (which was a lot).

When I finished my workout, he was playing happily with his new friend Ms. Brittany. Of course, as soon as he heard my voice, he decided to play me and began crying immediately. BUT, he did not cling to me. He walked out holding my hand, AFTER giving Ms. Brittany a high five. He said he's not going back tomorrow, but his is. Now that I know Renee is in charge we will continue to keep trying until he caves.

It's good for me and it's good for him. He will be okay.

No comments: