Sunday, July 10, 2011

To the Big Brother

Dear Brian,

It's no secret that what has me most nervous about your baby sister's birth is your well being over the next six weeks. I know there are lots of people to help and I am grateful, but I wish it could be me with you all the time, just like it always has been.

I love you so much little man and the thought of not being with you this next week makes me cry my eyes out. I don't want you to feel abandoned, or dethroned as others have suggested. I don't want you to change into a different person and not be my little boy anymore. Please stay my little boy.

I promise to do my very best to heal quickly and get back home to you. I want you to share in the joy of your new little sister. I want you to enjoy her and be a good big brother like I know you can be. I want to snuggle with both of you and have careless days together where we play and laugh just like now.

We'll get there, little man. Just be patient with mommy and enjoy your time with all of our friends and family. I'm still yours.

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Good luck this week! Ty did great when Ace was born. His jealousy has come out more now that he's older, but it's still not bad. Mommy and Daddy dates are always fun and makes them feel special. When he met Ace at the hospital he was so proud--like it was HIS baby to show off and that make him feel special!