Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cape Trip Day 2

Today was pretty relaxed. No long drives, so that was good! Mom and I tried to walk for awhile this morning, but it was very hot and humid, so we didn’t go very far.

Later in the morning we headed over to visit with cousin Anne. It was good to see her. She’s about the nicest person you would ever meet. She had toys out for Brian (her grand kids toys) and he was very happy! We also found a new “food” that he likes. Dannon brand drinkable yogurt. He had two and later we bought some at the store and we chugged down a third before dinner!After the visit, we headed back to Archie’s for nap time. Mom went to the store while Brian and I napped and got food for dinner the next two nights. I am going to cook :)

Once Brian was up from his nap, we headed to the Discovery Learning Center downtown. Brian had fun playing with his big cousin, Andrew. He was most excited about their train table (I guess he misses his), but he did have a good time grocery shopping and playing on the indoor playground equipment. (Note that Brian has all veggies and fruits in his cart…Andrew, not so much!)
The best part about the day was at dinner. Aunt Sarah, a pediatrician, told me how well she thinks Brian is doing! (We were talking about his hearing loss.) Her reassurance means THE WORLD to me on this subject! I don’t worry about it every single second like I used to, but I can pretty much guarantee that a day does not go by without me thinking about it. And to have someone whose opinion I value so highly, say such nice things about his progress was just amazing!

Sleep issues are a different story. Nana has still no emerged from the going to bed segment of our evening. This likely means that Brian is still fighting bedtime. (Nana has been nice enough to allow me to avoid the bedtime fight thus far.) Maybe she won’t be so nice about it tomorrow after the hour long fight she’s endured tonight!!

No comments: