Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Husband ROCKS!

Marrying a computer geek can certainly come in handy. I screwed up royally today. I took a bunch of really great pictures at the zoo. Pictures of Brian and baby monkeys. Pictures of Brian and a wallaby. Pictures, pictures, pictures. And then I deleted them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Luckily, my husband knew how to recover them. Because he is awesome!

Eight years ago today I married my high school sweet heart, the love of my life, my best friend. He drives me insane at least once a day. But I LOVE him. And I love his computer skills today especially!!

Happy anniversary, Shawn.

And, of course, here are my awesome pictures that he recovered!!!



Brian greeting one of our two new orangutans.


Watching one of the baby bonobos with his mommy. This bonobo is 3 months old and unnamed. The zoo keepers thought it was a girl, and named her Clara, but it turns out it's a boy! Apparently they are leaning toward "Zeke."


You can't see the baby that great in this shot, but doesn't it look like they are having a conversation???
"Hello, Brian, this is my new baby."
"Hello, baby monkey."

And of course the baby wallaby. Not such a baby anymore, but what a treat to see it up close and personal. Don't you love that it's on a leash?!

See!!! I just had to have them back. And thanks to Shawn's skills, I do! Yay, Shawn!


1 comment:

Whit Scheff said...

First of all, hilarious commentary on the conversation piece lol Laughed so hard on that one. You are so nerdy! Second of all, no it's not cute that the wallaby has a leash! It's a wild animals Maria! But I do see your point, it's adorable. I want to go to the zoo! Maybe I'll have time to go when I am home for a few days.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!